About Hen Camp – Glamping Hen Weekends in Staffordshire, Near Derbyshire
Hen Camp is the perfect rural escape for all your hens looking for a relaxing weekend away with your besties. Hen Camp is located in the grounds of a bed and breakfast called The Grange found in the heart of the Staffordshire countryside. The bed and breakfast is run by Mick and Mary who will also be your hosts during your weekend away.
- Address: The Grange, Lower Loxley, Uttoxeter, ST14 8RZ. Just 5 minutes Uttoxeter, Hen Camp is found on the Staffordshire, Derbyshire border.
- By Car: Easily accessible from the M6 and M1.
- By Train: The nearest train / bus station is Uttoxeter which is 5 minutes away from the glamping site by taxi. Train from Stoke on Trent & Derby run hourly. The next nearest station is Stafford.
- Local Amenities: The nearest supermarkets are Tesco, Waitrose, Asda and Lidl.
- Places of Interest: Alton Towers, Shugborough Hall, The National Forest, Go Ape, Uttoxeter Racecourse, Trentham Gardens
- Activities: There is a large range of activities we can help organise for you for your hen weekend from ukulele to weaving your own willow wedding art.
- Exclusive: You will be the only hen party enjoying the site when you book it as the Hen Camp is EXCLUSIVE to you and your group!
- Duration: Stay up to 3 nights from Friday to Monday.
- Numbers: Minimum 10 and maximum 18
The Bells Tents
- Your bell tents are located in a new woodland. The camping area links up with a hot tub and den area complete with a BBQ and firepit via meandering pathways.
- Toilets: You will find an eco toilet within your bell tent camp – perfect for night time. In the main building, you can use plumbed in toilets and shower during the day.
- Electricity: There is no electricity in the main camp. However there is electricity within the mess area. Here you can use your hair dryer, hair straightener and charge your phone.
- The Bell Tents: The Hen Camp has 3 x 5m bell tents which accommodate up to 15 people. Each tent is found on a decked platform.
- Inside The Bell Tents: There are up to 5 camp beds within each bell tent. You will also get bedding, lighting, coir matt flooring, a mirror, a wooden trunk (with extra blankets), bunting and welcome treats!
- Car Park: There is a car park a short walk from your tent.
- When You Arrive: When you arrive, you will get goodies for your guests and useful local information. You will get a tour of the camp and you will be introduced you to your hosts Mick & Mary. They will be onsite in the main house if you need help. Whether you need help lighting the fire or finding a takeaway or a taxi, Mick and Mary can help.
- Don’t Like Camping? Or need more beds? You can hire the rooms in The Grange B&B. You can choose ‘Room Only’ accommodation in the farmhouse which is a short walk to the camp. To book, contact Mary at The Grange. Call 01889 502021 or email email@example.com.
The Hen Camp Extras
- The Fire Pit: A lovely place to relax, the fire pit is a short walk from the hot tub and den area. There is plenty of seating – great for meeting up in the evening or enjoying an activity during the day. Mick can help you light the fire if you need it. The wood for the fire will be ready waiting for you when you arrive. Extra wood is available at an additional charge.
- BBQ Area: You can book a BBQ prepared by Mick which you can enjoy in our BBQ location. This has lots of seating including picnic benches.
- Wood Fired Hot Tub: Sit back and relax in the fresh still water of a cedar wood hot tub. The hot tub is open until 11pm which is the curfew time. The price of 1 firing up the hot tub is included in your stay. Any additional fires are available at an extra charge.
- The Mess Area: This is where you will find a hot water bottle if you want one. You will also find our Honesty Shop full of treats. If you plan to get an online food shop, we will help you fill the fridges. There is a tall fridge freezer available for you to use. The Mess Area is also where you will find a shower, toilets and electricity.
- The Den: Found near the hot tub, the den is a covered communal space you can use – perfect for hen party games! Lit by fairy lights, this is a great place to relax in the evening.
Food & Activities
- Food: Whether you want a cooked breakfast, a food hamper or an evening BBQ, Mick and Mary can help. To view Mary’s menu, click here.
- Activities: Want to book some fun hen party activities? No problem! Get some ideas here now: Hen Party Activities.
- Price: The price is £1650 for up to 15 hens. £110 per person. For this price, you get exclusive use of the bell tents and facilities and 1 use of the hot tub from 3pm Friday to 10am Monday. Final group numbers can be confirmed when you pay your remaining balance 10 weeks before your arrival date.
- Deposit: We ask for a £300 deposit. The remainder is payable 10 weeks before your arrival date. We do not take payment by instalments).
- Damage Waiver: We ask for a £300 damage waiver which must be paid before your arrival date. The damage waiver may be paid the week before your arrival date if required. This damage waiver will be refunded to you after your stay if there is no damage or no excess cleaning is required.
- Food and Activities: Food is booked and paid directly with Mary at The Grange. Activities must be booked and paid for directly with the supplier. You must tell us your activity plans so that we can confirm whether they are suitable. Contact us if you would like to know a recommended supplier.
- Availability: Please use the contact form below to contact us now or book here.