About Country Bumpkin Yurts – Glamping Hen Parties In The East Midlands
Country Bumpkin Yurts host glamping hen parties in the East Midlands.
Located in the heart of the East Midlands countryside, Country Bumpkin Yurts have three stylishly decorated Mongolian Yurts available to hire for your hen weekend.
To book your hen party or ask a question, use the contact form found at the bottom of this page!
- Location: Country Bumpkin Yurts is located on a pretty farm called Waterloo Cottage Farm in Great Oxenden in the East Midlands. There are many countryside walks, cycling and restaurants nearby. The glamping site is found on a family-run working farm. You can meet the piglets, highland cows and cute lambs – as well as two friendly farm dogs.
- About The Yurts: There are three traditional yurts available to hire – they are all spacious and have access to modern facilities. They sit on a wooden platform and have a lovely view across the farm and countryside. Each yurt has the following inside: a log burner and stylish furniture including cosy beds. Minimum Stay: 2 night. You will be charged per night. Dogs are allowed.
- Sleeps: There are 3 yurts to choose from: Puddleduck (sleeps 2), Nutkin (sleeps 4-6) and Ginger & Pickles (sleeps 4 -6).
- Price: The cost per night for the larger Yurts, (Nutkin and Ginger & Pickles): £135 – £155. The cost per night for the smaller yurt, (Puddleduck): £110 – £130.
Facilities & Activities
- The Hot Tub: The wood burning hot tub is the perfect way to unwind. It sits up to 6 people. They can prepare and light the hot tub ready for your arrival (depending on times). Logs are included in the price. You will be shown how to light the hot tub so that you can use it when you want during your stay.
- The Bathrooms: There are two shared bathrooms – they have double sockets for hairdryers, etc. The bathrooms have eco-friendly composting toilets.
- The Kitchen: The kitchen has all you need for a weekend away: a kettle, toaster, a 2-ring hob, a fridge and microwave, pans, crockery and cutlery. Tea and coffee are included.
- The BBQ: Feel free to use the BBQ and tools during the summer months – bring your own coals.
- The Log Burners: Inside your yurt is a log burner you can use when it’s colder to keep you warm at night. Fire wood is included in the price of your stay.
- Electricity: Your yurt has a solar powered hub meaning the yurt has a light, solar powered fan. You can also charge your mobile phone via a USB cable.
- The Farm Shop: Waterloo Cottage Farm has a farm shop where you can pick up groceries for your stay – they sell a wide range of groceries from bread, milk, meat, vegetables and they even have a collection of spirits, wines and beer.
- Activities At The Camp Site: If you want to stay close to home, feel free to play the complimentary board games Country Bumpkin Yurts provide. You can also visit the working farm and the community vegetable garden where at certain times in the year you can get involved in fruit picking and gardening.
- Local Towns & Activities: Head to Brampton Valley Way if you enjoy cycling or walking! There are many local towns you can visit that have great shops and restaurants: Market Harborough (2 miles), Northampton (15 miles) and Leicester (20 miles). Nearby there are many other activities you can enjoy during your stay. To name a few: golfing, fishing, visiting local stately homes, meditation, heading to a maize maze and paint balling.
Food & Drink
- Hampers & Afternoon Tea: You can request a locally sourced food and drink hamper, breakfast or afternoon tea hamper. It will be delivered to your yurt. Please order them 24 hours in advance.
- Eating Out: There are many local cafes and restaurants in Market Harborough. If you’re looking for a pub, The George in Great Oxendon is less than 400 ft away!
How To Book
- Use the contact form found at the bottom of this page now!