About The Mark Makers – Still Life Drawing Hen Party Workshops in London
The Mark Makers run fun and creative, still life drawing hen party workshops. Perfect for brides who want to have a creative or a healthy, mindful hen party, The Mark Makers are based in London but will travel across the south east and south west for your party.
The aim of our hen party workshops is to have fun! Our hen party workshops offer a new way of interpreting the traditional medium of still life drawing. You may remember learning still life drawing at school. Well, we make still life drawing fun by using original props. Think disco balls, tropical fruit and colour!
Our drawing exercises are designed to bring out your creative side, while you learn how to use the materials we provide you with. All of our hen parties leave with original artwork, a cool kit of materials and fun tips sheets for drawing at home. Our workshops are great for all skill sets, whether you’re a ‘master mark maker’ creative or a total beginner. We would love to chat further about what we can do for you to make your hen special! Use the contact form at the bottom of this page to contact us now.
About Alice And Becky & Their Still Life Drawing Hen Party Workshops
- The Mark Makers is run by working practitioners and friends, Alice Nyong and Becky Noy.
- Becky, who has a background in making and sourcing props, will build an exciting modern still life for you, which serves as a unique focal point as well as a drawing focus.
- Alice, who works as an illustrator and visual designer, will guide you through the workshop and the steps needed to work on and develop your drawing skills and create your own work.
What We Provide
- We will provide you with the props for the still life. We also provide you with that materials you will need, from basic papers and pencils to personalised sketch books and paintbrushes.
- We provide you with a curated kit of materials to take away with you to help you get drawing at home, as well as hand-illustrated worksheets and keepsakes for your hen.
- We can bring fun tunes, refreshments and decorations to make the workshop super special.
- Your hen party workshop can be accompanied by an afternoon cup of tea just as well as a cocktail or a glass of fizz.
Our Hen Party Venues
- We are based in London but we have wheels so we can travel to you.
- We have hosted our workshops in a range of spaces. Your hen party can take place at a venue of your choice and can be tailored to the vibe of your hen party.
- Our basic price starts from £25 per head for a two hour workshop.
- This price is based on a minimum of 5 people drawing plus a travel fee if the hen party is outside of London.
Photography Credit: Joe Hawkes
The Mindful Drawing Hen Party Workshop Package
If you want to throw a hen party that focusses on wellness and rejuvenation, this is the activity for you. Our mindful drawing workshop focusses on loosening up and clearing your mind through drawing and making marks on the page. As keen yogis, we have incorporated techniques learnt from yoga and meditation into our drawing and painting to create a two hour workshop, where you can completely let go and use colour, movement and self expression to help with your drawing. Our aim is to really loosen up the marks people make and this in turn leads to a happier and more expressive way of drawing and painting. This has an effect on other areas of life!
- Alice will walk you through all the materials and techniques in an approachable way. She will take you through some quick studies, which really loosen you up and stop you questioning yourself. She will then take you through longer drawings. By the end of the class, you will have some original artwork that you can take home and a thirst to learn more!
- The still life itself can be tailored to you. We use fun, lively objects, think tropical fruit and disco balls. There will be no dead flowers or skulls in sight.
- Prices based on a minimum of 5 people drawing. This price includes all the basic materials, a small curated kit to take home and tea and refreshments.
- We have experience doing this workshop at yoga retreats in the UK.
- Each workshop can be personalised. Please use the contact form at the bottom of this page to get in touch with us.
The Mark Makers Drawing Workshop Standard Package
This is a 2 hour drawing workshop that reimagines the traditional medium of still life drawing. Fun and non-stuffy, our workshops aim to banish memories of boring art classes that you may remember from school. We use original props for the still life. Think disco balls, tropical fruit and colour. There will be no skulls or dead flowers in sight.
- Alice will walk you through all the materials and techniques in an approachable way. By the end of the hen party workshop, you will have created some original artwork and have a thirst to learn more!
- We can come to your venue. Alternately if you need help finding a venue, we can help you at an extra cost. We can also provide you with a fun playlist. Or you can play your own playlist if you prefer.
- We charge £25 per person. This price includes basic materials and light refreshments and is based on a minimum of five people drawing. There is a travel fee for hen parties outside of London. If you have a large hen party group, this fee is negotiable.
- Each workshop can be personalised. Use the contact form at the bottom of this page to get it touch now.