About Cornish Tipi Holidays – Glamping Hen Parties In Cornwall
Cornish Tipi Holidays host glamping hen parties in Cornwall.
Theyhave around 25 tipis for you to hire for your hen party.
Located in the beautiful Cornish countryside, Cornish Tipi Holidays is found just a stone’s throw away from beaches and pretty Cornish villages. This is the perfect hen weekend retreat if you want to unwind with your nearest and dearest.
You can head to the beach and go surfing during the day or bathe in the beautiful lake on the campsite.
If you fancy exploring Cornwall, visit one of the many local Cornish villages. Alternatively stay closer to home and head to the on site cafe for a piece of cake or a homemade scone! What more could you want?
Cornish Tipi Holidays also have a fantastic company they work with on site who provide activity sessions at the lake – hens can go coasteering (scrambling up the cliffs & leaping into the water), kayaking or learn stand up paddleboarding (excellent for your core strength & loads of fun!) – Use the contact form found at the bottom of this page to find out more now.
Location: Located in 20 acres of beautiful countryside, Cornish Tipi Holidays is found in a woodland valley that wraps around a beautiful lake.
Address: CTH – Trelill St Kew Cornwall PL30 3HZ
- By Car: The best way to reach Cornish Tipi Holidays’ site is by car.
- By Train: The nearest train station, Bodmin Parkway is 18 miles away. Bodmin Parkway train station is on the Paddington-Penzance line. It costs around £30 to get a taxi from the train station to the camp site and takes around 40 minutes.
- By Plane: The nearest airport, Newquay is a little closer to the campsite than the train stations. You can get a flight to Newquay from Gatwick, Dublin, Manchester and many other regional airports.
- Taxis, Buses & More Info: There are not many buses that run locally. If you need help finding a local taxi firm, please email Cornish Tipi Holidays now or use the contact form below.
- Pretty Cornish Villages: Visit one of the many pretty Cornish villages – many of which are just a 5 minute drive away. You can buy fresh seafood from Port Isaac (a 5 minute drive away), go sea kayaking in Port Quin or go surfing in Polzeath.
- Beaches: The nearest beach is located just 5 minutes away – this beach is called Port Gaverne. If you want to go surfing, head to Polzeath – it is less than 15 minutes away.
- Walking: If you fancy going for a wander, you can walk along the Cornwall Coastal Footpath and the Saints’ Way. You can also visit Tintagel Castle and the ancient village of Boscastle which is a 15 minute drive along the coast. Alternatively drive 15 minutes inland and you’ll reach the rugged Bodmin Moor.
- Shops, Pubs & Restaurants: There are plenty of shops, pubs and restaurants in the area. If you want to book a really special night out, book a late water taxi across the estuary from Rock.
- Outdoor Activities & Sports: There are many outdoor activities to enjoy including: fishing, bird walks, sea safaris, sailing, windsurfing, coasteering, waterskiing, golf, tennis and cycling along the Camel Trail.
- Book An Activity At The Lake: You can book sessions at the lake on site. You can go coasteering (scrambling up the cliffs & leaping into the water), kayaking or stand up paddleboarding! Use the contact form below to find out more now.
- Culture: Why not watch a a touring theatre production, try out watercolour painting or take a cookery class? Or for all you Poldark and Doc Martin fans, you can go on a location tour!
- Further Afield: If you want to travel a little further, you can visit the Isles of Scilly or head to to the amazing Minack Theatre set high above Porthcurno. You can even visit the Eden Project if you fancy a day out.
- Medium Tipi: Sleeps 2 adults
- Large Tipi: Sleeps 4 – 5 adults
- Extra Large Tipi: Sleeps 6 – 9 people if some are young children
- There are 11 tipis in the Village Field (this is a community space where you will have neighbours). There are also 11 tipis on individual Private Sites with their own tree or hedge border.
- You can either book your tipi in the community space of the Village Field where you will have neighbours or have your very own private site. The private site is where friends and family can book two tipis together. Larger groups can book several tipis in the village field.
About The Tipis
- There are around 25 North American style tipis in total. They are made of cotton canvas on a framework of wooden lodge poles. They can reach 18 feet hight which creates a generous living area for you to enjoy.
- Weather: The tipis are fitted with an external hat to keep out the rain but Cornish Tipi Holidays cannot guarantee that the tipi will keep out all weather and wildlife – if for example there is driving rain or severe winds. Just something to bear in the mind when booking!
- The tipis are equipped with the basics: Custom-made groundsheets (these are not attached to the main canvas so may sometimes you get a gap), warm Turkish rugs and candle lanterns. You also get a camp stove, cool box and kitchen essentials e.g. teaspoons and a kettle. You will receive a full inventory once you book.
- You can also use the site to wild camp – just bring your own tent or campervan.
- You can either pitch your tent in the meadow area with other campers or choose a private spot! If you prefer privacy, there are larger pitches that have picnic tables perfect for larger family sized tents or smaller pitches in the woodland – perfect for just two.
- If you choose to wild camp, you get to use the same facilities as the tipi dwellers. Please feel free to bring bunting and flags and even your own solar panels for an off grid supply of electricity.
- Flushing toilets (one with limited wheelchair access).
- Hot showers
- Mains water comes from standpipes for your cooking and washing up which you will have to heat up at your tipi – the basins are plumbed for cold water and are intended for handwashing, brushing your teeth etc – rather than washing your dishes.
- Fires: Make a fire in your own firepit if you wish. Staff will be happy to provide campfire tipis re making cooking outside safer & easier – such as using the special trivet provided to help make cooking easier.
- Table: Outside, you have your very own locally made table with bench seating for meals.
- The Lake: Enjoy the beautiful Tregildrans Quarry lake – swim and bathe in the water, fish for rainbow trout or head out in one of the boats or canoes! The lake is fenced off from the main path and secure by a gate with a childproof catch but there is no lifeguard so children must be supervised at all times. Feel free to bring your own kayak or topper to use on the lake.
- Fishing: If you want to go fishing, please bring your own rods and fishing licences. You will be provided with life jackets.
- Cafe: There is a lovely on site cafe called the Gastropod – whether you want a yummy breakfast or a delicious lunch, they use locally sourced ingredients for their homemade treats. You can expect to see breakfasts, salads, homemade scones, cakes and pizzas on the menu.
Useful Information and What To Bring
- Please arrive between 4pm and 8pm. If you are arriving any later or earlier, please let them know so they can make arrangements for you.
- No dogs are allowed, except guide & support dogs – please advise in advance
- Bedding: Please bring your own bedding and foot pump airbeds.
- What To Bring: Please also bring your own towels, groceries and torches. Bring sun cream, hats, hot weather gear as well as wellies and wet weather gear. Please bring your own medicines & personal medical kit including treatment for any stings or burns as the warden is not allowed to offer such supplies from the site first aid boxes. If you want your own seat, please bring your own folding chair. You can also bring surfboards, wetsuits, floats & swimming aids, fishing gear etc. It might also be useful to come with maps of Cornwall and the surrounding area! Bring your own lifejackets if you’ve got them, or hope they’ve got the right size for you in the pick & mix down at the lake.
How To Book
- To book your hen party with Cornish Tipi Holidays, click here now or use the contact form found at the bottom of the page now.